Belgocontrol is an autonomous public company and is therefore not subject to the Belgian Corporate Governance Code of December 9th 2004 (Lippens Code). Nevertheless, Belgocontrol wants to commit herself to respect the philosophy of the « Corporate Governance » principles. Belgocontrol is in the first place governed by the law of March 21st 1991 on the reform of certain public-sector commercial undertakings stipulating that autonomous public companies are managed by a Board of Directors and an Executive Committee.
The Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is responsible for the day-to-day management and the representation of that management, for the execution of the decisions of the Board of Directors as well as for the negotiations on the management contract. The members of the Executive Committee constitute a panel presided by the Chief Executive Officer. It makes recommendations to the Board of Directors with regard to the development, the activities and the management of the company.
Jean-Claude Tintin, Chief Executive Officer
Hilde Van den Houten, Director-General Administration and Finances
Christian Desprets, Director-General Operations
Martial Malchair, Director-General Equipment
Three Directorates general
Three Directorates general carry out the missions of Belgocontrol and attain the objectives defined by the company strategy:
- The Directorate general “Administration and Finances” managed by Hilde Van den Houten.
- The Directorate general “Operations” managed by Christian Desprets.
- The Directorate general “Equipment” managed by Martial Malchair.
The Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is competent to perform any action necessary or useful to achieve the object of the public company and supervises the policy of the Executive Committee. In this respect the Board of Directors has created three committees: the Audit Committee, the Strategic Committee and the Remuneration Committee. The Board of Directors can delegate some of its powers to the Executive Committee.
From left to right: Jean-Claude Fontinoy, Vincent Urbain, Frans Rochtus, Raf Vermeire, Jean-Claude Tintin, Chief Executive Officer, Hugo Van Bever, Charles-Louis d’Arenberg, Chairman of the Board, Thierry Paelinck, Luc Laveyne, Luc Mabille.
Other control and management bodies
As an autonomous public company, Belgocontrol is subjected to external management supervision carried out by:
- The Panel of Auditors that controls the financial situation and the regularity of the accounts.
- The Government Commissioner, designated by Royal Decree on the recommendation of the Minister for Mobility to whom is entrusted the guardianship of the company, sees to it that the law is respected, as well as the statutes and the management contract.