You support and assist pilots at their request, contributing to a safe and efficient operation of flights (Flight Information Service). In addition, you make sure that all data concerning the relevant flight plans are processed correctly by the Flight Data Processing System used by the air traffic controllers (Flight Data Support).
- You offer Flight Information Services in uncontrolled airspace: taking note of the information received through the FIC frequency, verifying possible risks on the trajectory, …
- You provide information for air traffic controllers about relevant flights in the uncontrolled airspace and where necessary, you perform the necessary coordination so that the air traffic controllers have all the timely information they need at their disposal for safely handling the air traffic for which they are responsible;
- You activate Search & Rescue in uncontrolled airspace in order to make sure that any pilots in distress receive help;
- You offer Flight Data Support so that all data concerning the relevant flight plans are processed correctly by the Flight Data Processing System used by the air traffic controllers.
- you quickly absorb new information to be able to perform your job safely and efficiently;
- you have a basic knowledge of the Belgian airspace;
- you have an excellent command of English;
- you are accurate;
- you are stress-resistant;
- you are a true team player and have a strong sense of responsibility;
- you are flexible and are prepared to work in shifts;
- you have a customer-oriented approach and you take initiatives to offer solutions that help the pilots.
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info