After a rigorous in-house training, you and your colleagues will be responsible for the proper functioning of a series of systems for radio communication in aviation (transmitting and receiving equipment, trunking system, satellite reception, etc.)
- You perform preventive maintenance duties;
- You do the fine-tuning and repairing of these systems according to the highest possible quality standards (manufacturer, ICAO, Eurocontrol);
- You will generally work Mondays to Fridays during the day, but every four to five weeks, you will perform an ‘on call' service for one week, during which you may be called upon after office hours or during the weekend in case of failure of or troubles with one of the technical systems.
- You hold a graduate/bachelor degree in electronics-ICT or equivalent;
- Knowledge of aviation is considered an asset;
- You have a solid knowledge of radio technology and of IT; a basic knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN networks is considered an asset;
- You speak Dutch or French, you are fluent in English and you have at least a basic knowledge of the second national language;
- You hold a category B driving licence;
- You are not afraid of heights;
- You are flexible;
- You can work autonomously and accurately and have a sense of initiative;
- You are a stress-resistant team player.
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info