As CNS/ATM Safety Expert you manage and follow up on safety-related activities within the Directorate-General Systems, in close collaboration with management as well as our Safety Advisor. ATM is short for Air Traffic Management. CNS is short for Communication, Navigation, Surveillance.
- You organize, co-ordinate and follow up on the safety assessments, in accordance with the applicable law and methodology:
- you identify and analyse the risks that result from changes in the ATM/CNS/MET system;
- you draw up safety recommendations and draw attention to the safety requirements;
- you follow up on and monitor the implementation of the recommendations, e.g. collecting ‘safety evidences' (NOTAMs,…);
- You implement and follow up system certification cases
- You offer support in the performance and follow-up of "safety surveys" (e.g. mapping the strengths and weaknesses of work practices).
- You also provide support in the application of the Safety Management System (SMS).
- You have knowledge of and experience with the broad spectre of ATM/CNS/MET systems.
- Experience with Air Traffic Control operations and processes is an added value;
- Experience in safety assessments (analysis, reporting, recommendations, follow-up) is an asset (preferably in the aviation, transport, industrial or nuclear sector);
- You have excellent analytical and operational thinking skills;
- You have strong communication skills;
- You have a good eye for detail;
- You have an active knowledge of English (both spoken and written).
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info