As our Deputy Accountancy Manager, you will make sure that the right information regarding accountancy and taxes is available at the right time and that it is compliant with the legal requirements and procedures. You will also support our Accountancy Manager in managing the various services within the accounting department and you will adequately collect, process, record and provide financial and accounting information. As our Deputy Accountancy Manager, you will report to the Accountancy Manager.
You will be responsible for the following aspects:
- organizing, following up and verifying administrative and financial activities such as:
- organizing and implementing the monthly, quarterly and annual closing of the accounts;
- planning the activities and co-ordinating between the various services concerned;
- implementing working methods so as to ensure that everything is correctly and timely booked and allocated to the right cost centres and project numbers;
- verifying and analysing the supplier, customer and general accounts and entering corrections where necessary;
- drawing up closure files and answering questions from internal and external auditors;
- managing and following up the financial means;
- in the framework of keeping the accounts, maintaining contact with customers, suppliers and banks;
- de-bottlenecking and solving problems;
- supporting staff in their area of expertise, e.g. for following up regulations in the field of accounting and taxes.
- ensuring financial and accounting information, reporting and analysing the results.
- drawing up various reports and explaining the balance sheet and the profit and loss accounts, the annual accounts and the social balance sheet;
- managing staff in their tasks regarding the financial/business administration and the automation of those tasks:
- having the accounting and the administrative organization kept organized and up-to-date;
- researching the possibilities for improvement and automation of the processes in consultation with the IT service;
- assisting in the choice of new accounting software and in its implementation;
- drawing up and correcting procedures and working instructions in the field of finances and administration.
- you hold a Master's degree with an economic/financial/accounting background and have at least 10 years of relevant experience;
- you have strong analytical skills;
- you are methodical and meticulous;
- you have excellent organizational skills;
- you are result-oriented and persistent;
- you like working both autonomously and in team;
- you are honest and very flexible;
- you are proficient in English, Dutch and French.
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info