As our Manager Accountancy you will manage our accountancy department and you will make sure that the right information regarding accountancy and taxes is available at the right time and that it is compliant with the legal requirements and procedures. You will also ensure the department runs efficiently and you will be responsible for communicating and co-ordinating between the accounting department and its in-company and external stakeholders.
As Manager Accountancy you will report to the Director-General Finance and Support (DGF).
You will be responsible for the following aspects:
- organizing, following up and verifying administrative and financial activities such as:
- organizing and implementing the monthly, quarterly and annual closing of the accounts;
- implementing working methods so as to ensure that everything is correctly and timely booked and allocated to the right cost centres and project numbers;
- verifying and analysing the supplier, customer and general accounts;
- ensuring that the closure of the accounts is duly performed, that questions from in-company and external auditors are answered and that information is exchanged with them;
- managing the financial means;
- solving problems and managing risks;
- organising a close collaboration with the external accounting agency and seeing to it that the agreements are honoured. Ensuring the follow-up and execution of service contracts and SLAs that are concluded in that context.
- ensuring the optimization of processes, activities, organisational structure and systems. That includes among other things:
- drawing up procedures and work instructions within the field of accountancy and administration;
- continuously researching possibilities to improve and automate the processes in consultation with the Admin IT service;
- taking up a leading role in the choice of new accounting software that the department will use and in its implementation;
- implementing an adjusted organisation structure for accounting.
- in the accounting department, being responsible for putting financial and accounting information at disposal and for providing explanation on the results:
- making sure that the required reports are drawn up and providing reasoned explanation with the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts, the annual accounts, the social balance sheet and the fiscal documents;
- ensuring the creation and follow-up of ad hoc and standard KPIs and a monthly scorecard as well as their flow to the responsible party/parties.
- within the framework of keeping the accounts, maintaining contacts with in-company and external customers, suppliers, banks and stakeholders in general. That includes among other things:
- developing a network of contacts for the department;
- maintaining good relations with the department's stakeholders;
- answering questions and ensuring open communication;
- providing advice and support to the stakeholders;
- contributing to the optimization of the transversal co-operation with other departments within the company.
- managing the team. That includes among other things:
- organizing the division of responsibilities and tasks within the team and ensuring their implementation. Managing both individual and team objectives;
- stimulating both individual and team work;
- ensuring your staff's professional development, evaluating their performances and their training needs;
- making sure that all statutory and regulatory provisions relating to staff are correctly and reasonably applied.
- initiating and ensuring the implementation of strategic projects in your field of expertise, in collaboration with the Director-general Finance and Support. That includes among other things:
- identifying needs and opportunities;
- defining the scope of the project;
- drawing up the project plan and determining the means;
- identifying the risk factors in the project's execution, as well as the necessary measures in order to neutralize or control those factors;
- following up and ensuring the project's headway;
- communicating about the project to Belgocontrol management and staff;
- reporting on and being accountable for the project on corporate (managerial) level.
- you hold a Master's degree with an economic/financial/accounting background and have at least 10 years of relevant experience;
- you have strong analytical skills;
- you are methodical and meticulous;
- you have excellent organizational skills;
- you are result-oriented and persistent;
- you have managing experience;
- you are cut out for motivating and managing a team;
- you are honest and very flexible;
- you are proficient in English, Dutch and French.
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info