As Meteorological Manager within the Directorate-General Operations you ensure the continuity of the meteorological support for the purposes of civil aviation, as well as the reinforcement and development of meteorological services provided / to provide to Belgocontrol's customers. Within a changing environment, you may have to initiate and follow up projects inside the company and in the framework of new partnerships.
The function comprises the following aspects:
- In order to guarantee that services are in line with Belgocontrol's strategy and its customers' needs, you develop and implement a consistent vision and strategy for the meteorological service, in collaboration with the different departments at Belgocontrol.
- Your are the driving force behind change and you initiate the necessary projects and initiatives for maintaining and developing meteorological services and for positioning Belgocontrol's meteorological services.
- You lead the meteorological department as a business unit and you are responsible for the financial & operational results and for the department's performance.
- You represent Belgocontrol before national and foreign partners : meteorological agencies, international organisations and working groups, private stakeholders, …
- You coach line managers of the meteorological department and you demonstrate the value of their ‘change sponsor' role, supporting positively changes at all levels.
- You report to the Director-General Operations.
- You also work in close collaboration with the Customer Service and the different Ops services.
- You hold a Master's degree with a scientific orientation or you have equivalent experience.
- You have conceptual and strategic thinking skills and you are highly persuasive.
- You are customer-, quality- and result-oriented.
- You have a relevant experience in team management and coaching, as well as in change management.
- You have an active knowledge of French, Dutch and English.
- You have at least 10 years work experience, preferably in the field of meteorology; otherwise, an experience in Air Traffic Management, aviation or a related scientific field is an asset.
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info