As Project Manager you mainly draw up project plans, in consultation with the parties concerned (managers, experts,…) so as to make sure that the projects, mostly technical/operational, are carried out in a structured way, that all necessary parties are represented and according to the agreed objectives with the Belgocontrol management.
You are responsible for the execution and control of your projects. You also monitor the project plan and the risks so that the project progresses and will be delivered within the pre-established planning (concerning deliverables, time and budget) with the available means, etc.
You take the appropriate steps to have all expertise required, as well as the relevant documentation within the project group and at the respective consultation moments, workshops and presentations at your disposal in a structured way. You will ensure that all parties concerned will be systematically and particularly timely informed of the state of affairs.
In addition you are responsible for the formal hand-over of the deliverables and the integration in day-to-day activities so the internal quality is ensured by all concerned parties.
You steer a communication plan that has to be backed by the project team, the project's sponsors and, by extension, by all parties involved within the project and the target group of future users.
Furthermore you will be responsible for reporting at corporate level so that Management is informed of the state of the various projects.
In conclusion you will act as a mentor for the junior Project Managers and you will support all parties concerned in the execution of the projects that have been allocated to you. You will coach them by giving on-the-job training and you will answer their questions.
- you have at least 5 years' worth of experience in project management, preferably in a large organization with various stakeholders;
- you hold a Master degree;
- The ability to understand technical issues is a plus;
- you have excellent analytical skills, enabling you to thoroughly analyse and solve problems together with the project team and other stakeholders;
- you have a hands-on mentality and like to be in the field;
- you have strong communication skills;
- you are a team player;
- you have an active knowledge of French, Dutch and English.
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info