As our Voice Communications technician you will help us to ensure air traffic safety by maintaining, optimizing and installing the systems in the domain of Voice Communications and by monitoring digital and analogue communication systems. You will report directly to the person in charge of our Specialized Maintenance Cell in this respect. You will perform a wide range of duties:
- You are responsible for carrying out preventive maintenance of the existing systems and you provide specialized support at the request of your colleague technicians of the Multidomains cell. You also verify whether the systems are in line with the required standards and you will maintain them.
- You help to carry out corrective maintenance by specifically surveying the systems' functioning based on monitoring data.
- You analyse and come up with specific operational solutions to functional problems in collaboration with the person in charge. In that context you also provide a specialized support at the request of your colleague technicians of the Multidomains cell.
- You make the necessary repairs and you survey the interoperability of the series of systems.
- Moreover you participate in optimizing the existing systems and installing new ones.
- You submit improvement proposals and apply modifications.
- Furthermore, you are involved in projects regarding new systems under the instructions of our CNS/ATM/MET systems Project Manager and within your own field of expertise.
- Finally you monitor all systems during your watch service from the Technical Watch Office so as to guarantee their proper functioning.
- You act as a focal point for all connected customers and systems.
- You supervise the equipment.
- You also detect anomalies and identify them on a continuous basis. To this end you also co-ordinate the interventions for corrective maintenance depending on the detected anomalies and you carry out the interventions on the systems within your own area of expertise.
- Afterwards you follow up on the actions undertaken and you inform all parties involved of the systems' situation.
- You also maintain a database of the occurrences.
- You hold a Bachelor's/Graduate's degree in electronics, IT or aviation;
- You have strong learning capabilities;
- You are prepared to take training courses;
- You have an active knowledge of English and a basic knowledge of French or Dutch;
- You have no problem with a flexible work schedule (watch service, working in shifts, interventions early in the morning or late in the evening, etc.);
- You have a high sense of responsibility and a keen eye for detail;
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info