As ATM Software Project Engineer you perform a wide range of tasks in the framework of one or several projects and/or studies related to ATM software (Air Traffic Management).
In that role, you will be the link between Belgocontrol and our software suppliers when software changes have to be made. You will also follow up on developments of systems to be delivered and you will collaborate on test procedures and verifications as well as on tests for reception inspection.
In the context of the studies that are performed in light of the software purchase, you will also participate in elaborating system concepts and drafting technical specifications. In that regard, you will analyse the standards and regulations in view of their application in Belgocontrol projects.
Once a project is in operational use, you will make sure that the technical documentation is up-to-date with the application developments. You will also analyse any problems reported by technicians and users and you will consider and offer solutions.
- You have a Master (of science) degree in software engineering, IT,… and at least 2 years of experience in a similar role;
- You have a good knowledge of software validation, project analysis, software project development and management,…;
- Good knowledge of the Linux operating system and the scriptools PERL, PYHTON, Shellscript, is an asset;
- Knowledge of ATM (Air Traffic Management) software is an asset;
- You have analytical and communication skills to clearly convey your message to in-company clients as well as external relations;
- You have excellent planning and organization skills, which you can use both autonomously as in team;
- Knowledge of or experience with ITIL is an asset;
- A good sense of responsibility is very important for our sector;
- You have a very good knowledge of English and a practical knowledge of Dutch/French;
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info