As our Multidomain Maintenance & Supervision technician you will help us to ensure air traffic safety by maintaining, optimizing and installing various systems in the regional airport of Charleroi. You will report directly to the person in charge of our Multidomain Maintenance Team in this respect. You will perform a wide and varied range of duties:
You are responsible for carrying out preventive maintenance of the existing systems. To this end you verify whether the systems are in line with the required standards and you will maintain them.
You help to carry out corrective maintenance by specifically surveying the systems' functioning based on monitoring data. You analyse and come up with specific solutions to functional problems in collaboration with the person in charge. You make the necessary repairs and you survey the interoperability of the series of systems.
Moreover you participate in optimizing the existing systems and installing new ones. You submit improvement proposals and apply modifications. Furthermore, you are involved in projects regarding new systems under the instructions of our CNS/ATM/MET systems Project Manager.
Finally you maintain contact with various partners at the airport.
- you hold a Bachelor's/Graduate's degree in electronics, IT or aviation;
- you have an excellent knowledge of French and good knowledge of English and Dutch;
- you have strong learning capabilities;
- you are a team player with good social skills;
- you have a high sense of responsibility and you can be firm, especially when safety is regarded;
- you are prepared to take training courses abroad in various technical domains;
- you have a hands-on mentality and you can be counted on in high-stress situations;
- you have no problem with a flexible work schedule (working in shifts, interventions early in the morning or late in the evening) or travelling. Therefor you live nearby the airport of Charleroi.
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info