As our Radar technician you will help us to ensure air traffic safety by maintaining, optimizing and installing the systems in the domain of Surveillance – radar equipment. You will report directly to the person in charge of our Specialized Maintenance Cell in this respect. You will perform a wide range of duties:
You are responsible for carrying out preventive maintenance of the existing systems. You will also verify whether the systems are in line with the required standards and you will maintain them.
You help to carry out corrective maintenance by specifically surveying the systems' functioning based on monitoring data. You make the necessary repairs and you survey the interoperability of the series of systems.
Moreover you participate in optimizing the existing systems and installing new ones. You submit improvement proposals and apply modifications. Furthermore, you are involved in projects regarding new systems and within your own field of expertise.
- you hold a Bachelor's/Graduate's degree in electronics or aviation;
- a good knowledge of radio frequencies is a strong asset;
- you have an active knowledge of English and a basic active knowledge of French;
- you are not afraid of heights;
- you have a category B driving licence;
- you are eager to learn and you like to take initiative;
- you are a polyvalent team player;
- you have a hands-on mentality and you can be counted on in high-stress situations;
- you have no problem with a flexible work schedule (periodic ‘on call service') or long distances.
In light of the vacancy to which you responded we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority. More info