As an autonomous public company, Belgocontrol is governed by the law of 21 March 1991 on the reform of certain economic public companies stipulating that autonomous public companies are managed by a Board of Directors and an Executive Committee.
The Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is responsible for daily management and representation of this management, as well as for the enforcement of the decisions of the Board of Directors. The Executive Committee represents the company in negotiations concerning the management contract. The members of the Executive Committee constitute a board presided by the Chief Executive Officer. It makes recommendations to the Board of Directors with regard to the development, the activities and the management of the company.
The Executive Committee of Belgocontrol is composed as follows:
Chief Executive Officer
Director-General a.i. Operations
Director-General International & Public Affairs
Hilde Van Den Houten
Director-General Finance and Support
Director-General a.i. Program & Project Delivery
Five Directorates general
Five Directorates general carry out the missions of Belgocontrol and attain the objectives defined by the company strategy:
- The Directorate-general Finance and Support managed by Hilde Van den Houten.
- The Directorate-general Operations managed a.i. by Peggy Devestel.
- The Directorate-general Systems managed by Alain Vandenabeele.
- The Directorate-general International & External Relations managed by Christian Berlanger.
- The Directorate-general Program & Project Delivery managed a.i. by Youcha Mackelbert.
The Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is empowered to take any action necessary for or useful in attaining the corporate goal of the public company and supervises the management tasks carried out by the Executive Committee. In this respect the Board of Directors has created three committees: an Audit Committee, a Strategy Committee and a Remuneration Committee. The Board of Directors may delegate some of its powers to the Executive Committee.
The Board of Directors of Belgocontrol consists of:
Renaud Lorand (Chairman)
Hugo Van Bever
Johan Decuyper (CEO)
Laurent de Briey
Liesbeth Van Der Auwera
Other control and management bodies
As an autonomous public company, Belgocontrol is subjected to external management supervision carried out by:
- The Board of Auditors that controls the financial position and the regularity of the accounts.
- The Government Commissioner - designated by Royal Decree on the recommendation of the Minister/Secretary of State for Mobility - who ensures the company complies with the law and the management contract. The management contract defines the rules and conditions under which Belgocontrol fulfils its mission of public service.